Bill is Of Counsel to the firm for all matters involving tax. Previously, Bill practiced tax law for ten years with firms in New York. He has successfully represented clients before federal and state tax authorities and in business negotiations.
Bill counsels businesses in a wide range of tax matters, including those involving:
- Worker classification, including the reclassification of independent contractors under the New York State Voluntary Disclosure and Compliance Program and the federal Voluntary Classification Settlement Program;
- “Golden Parachutes” for executives;
- Qualified small business stock;
- Disputes with tax authorities, including tax litigation;
- Executive compensation planning and deferred compensation;
- Qualified stock purchases;
- Restricted equity;
- Fringe benefits;
- Cross-border investments, mergers and acquisitions, and operations; and
- Tax treaty planning and withholding taxes.