We are looking for an immigration paralegal with 3+ years of experience to assist busy attorneys and our legal research analyst. This job is in New York and will require regular visits to our office. As such, the applicant must be based in the Tri-state area. (NY/NJ/CT).
The Immigration paralegal will primarily be involved in assisting with the preparation and submission of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions, labor certification applications (PERM & LCA), green card petitions, and immigration research. He/she will assist immigration attorneys in assessing immigration options for corporate clients, obtaining U.S. work authorization for foreign nationals, and setting up business entities. The role will also involve some administrative tasks such as printing, copying and mailing. 3 years of full-time immigration paralegal experience is preferred but we will consider a minimum of 1-2 years of full-time immigration paralegal experience. A focus on PERM filings is a plus.
Specific Job Duties:
- Review and completion of immigration forms & petitions
- Drafting business plan for legal petitions
- Copying, printing and other administrative tasks associated with preparing and mailing petitions
- Legal research tasks as needed
- Providing support for immigration attorneys as needed
- Drafting of blog posts on immigration specific topics
- Applicant must be detailed oriented and be able to complete forms and other tasks with few errors
- BA in a related field preferred
- Immigration Law office training – 3 years (we will consider 1-2 years of full-time experience as an immigration paralegal)
- Organization and attention to detail is a key skill of the job
- Language abilities a plus but not required
- Comfort with technology a must
- The job is in New York and will require time to be spent in the office.
What to Submit:
Submit to email@example.com. *We will only contact applicants we are interested in interviewing
FREE Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free Visa Guide (E-1, E-2, TN, EB-5, H-1B, L-1, PERM, NIW, EB-1, O-1, E-3), sign up for our free Webinar, join our Facebook Group, or watch our videos.
Set up a Visa or Green Card Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.