Vaccination Required for Entry by Land or Ferry Starting from January 22
Starting on January 22, 2022, non-U.S. individuals entering the United States from Canada or Mexico by land or ferry will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. This includes individuals entering for any purpose, including “essential” activities such as work, business, or education. Individuals considered to be “U.S. individuals” include U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents and U.S. nationals.
Exceptions from the land border or ferry COVID vaccine requirement exist for the following groups of non-U.S. individuals:
- Children under 18 years of age;
- Individuals with medical contraindications to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine;
- Individuals with valid nonimmigrant visas (excluding B-1 or B-2 visas) who are citizens of a country with limited COVID-19 vaccine availability, as specified by the CDC;
- Certain individuals on diplomatic or official foreign government travel;
- Certain participants in certain COVID-19 vaccine trials;
- Individuals issued a humanitarian or emergency exception by the Secretary of Homeland Security;
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or their spouses or children (under 18 years of age) as specified in the CDC Order; and
- Individuals whose entry would be in the U.S. national interest, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.
For more information on vaccination requirements of the U.S., please click here.
FREE Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free Visa Guide (E-1, E-2, TN, EB-5, H-1B, L-1, PERM, NIW, EB-1, O-1, E-3), sign up for our free Webinar, join our Facebook Group, or watch our videos.
Set up a Visa or Green Card Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.