Immigrant and Fiancé(e) Visas
Foreign nationals holding valid immigrant and fiancé(e) visas may apply for NIE. Given the backlog of interviews and visa applications currently at all consulate posts, applicants should continue to expect a delay in visa issuance.
- Au Pair. Nannies of U.S. citizens may accompany them on a temporary basis on visits to the U.S. if certain conditions are met.
- J-1 Interns and Trainees on a government sponsored program
- J-1 Specialized Teachers in Accredited Educational Institutions
- Travel in support of critical foreign policy objectives
- Travel for an exchange program conducted pursuant to a Memorandum of Understanding, Statement of Intent, or other valid agreement in effect prior to June 24, 2020, between a foreign government and any federal, state, or local government entity in the United States that is designed to promote U.S. national interests.
- Pilots and air crew traveling for training and aircraft pickup, delivery, or maintenance
NIE can be applied for at a U.S. consulate abroad or at a CBP port of entry. For more information on how to apply for a NIE, please click here.
FREE Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free Visa Guide (E-1, E-2, TN, EB-5, H-1B, L-1, PERM, NIW, EB-1, O-1, E-3), sign up for our free Webinar, join our Facebook Group, or watch our videos.
Set up a Visa or Green Card Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.