To qualify for the EB-1A Green Card, you will need to prove that you are one of the small percentage of people who have risen to the very top of your field. This means you will have to submit evidence showing that you have sustained national or international acclaim and that your achievements have been recognized in your field of expertise. The evidence can be either:
- A one-time achievement – this is a major, internationally recognized award, or
- At least three of these 10 criteria. One of the 10 criteria is “published material about the person in professional or major trade publications or other major media.”
The publications you submit with your EB-1A application should be about you and your work in a particular field, and should not be simply about your employer or about organizations you are associated with.
Additionally, marketing materials that are created for the purpose of selling your/your employer’s products will not be helpful to satisfy this criterion.
Is the publication a professional publication, major trade publication, or a major media publication?
To prove this criterion, you should only submit publications that are professional publications, major trade publications, or major media publications.
Here are some criteria USCIS will look at when deciding whether the publication is a professional publication, major trade publication, or a major media publication:
- Is the circulation (either online or in print) high, as compared to other circulations? You should include evidence showing the statistics.
- The publication should have a significant national/international distribution (local newspaper publication would not meet this criterion).
- Who is the intended audience of the publication?
Please note that you should include the title, date and the author of each publication you submit.
FREE EB-1 / O-1 Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Guide, sign up for our free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Webinar, or watch our EB-1 / O-1 Visa videos.
Set up an EB-1 / O-1 Visa Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one EB-1 / O-1 Visa consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.