To qualify for the EB-1A Green Card, you will need to prove that you are one of the small percentage of people who have risen to the very top of your field. To prove that you qualify for the Eb-1A green card, you will have to submit evidence showing that you have sustained national or international acclaim and that your achievements have been recognized in your field of expertise. The evidence can be either:
- A one-time achievement – this is a major, internationally recognized award, or
- At least three of these 10 criteria. One of the 10 criteria is “evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services, in relation to others in the field.”
It is important to realize that you have to demonstrate that you earned a high salary in comparison with those performing similar work at the top of your specific field.
What kind of evidence should I submit to meet this criterion?
- Media reports discussing high salaries of individuals in your specific field of expertise;
- Geographical or position-appropriate compensation surveys;
- Organization justifications to pay the high salary/remuneration;
- List by professional organizations of the top earners in the field;
- The statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics,
- The statistics from the Department of Labor’s One Stop website,
- The Department of Labor Prevailing Wage determination. USCIS previously indicated that this evidence alone is not sufficient to meet this criterion and should be accompanied by other evidence (see above) showing that your wage is high in relation to others in the field.
You should also submit copies of your W-2s or 1099 forms (or similar documents if you worked outside the U.S.) for the years in which you received a high salary in your field of endeavor.
If you earned the high salary while working outside the U.S., you should submit evidence showing wage statistics or comparable evidence from that particular country.
Please click here if you want to find out more about the EB-1A green card.
FREE EB-1 / O-1 Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Guide, sign up for our free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Webinar, or watch our EB-1 / O-1 Visa videos.
Set up an EB-1 / O-1 Visa Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one EB-1 / O-1 Visa consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.