The O-1B visa is for foreign nationals (aliens) who have demonstrated extraordinary ability by sustained national or international acclaim in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry.
To qualify for an O-1B visa, you will have to submit evidence showing:
- You are a recipient of significant national or international awards or prizes in your particular field (e.g. an Emmy, a Grammy);
- Evidence that you meet at least 3 of these 6 criteria. One of the 10 criteria is “Evidence that the alien has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes as evidenced by such indicators as title, rating, standing in the field, box office receipts, motion pictures or television ratings, and other occupational achievements reported in trade journals, major newspapers, or other publications.”
What evidence should I submit to prove this criterion?
If you want to meet this criterion, you should submit evidence such as:
- Your title, rating, or standing in the particular field;
- Box office receipts; (e.g. sales of musician’s albums, or alternatively you can also submit statistics from Itunes, Youtube views or statistics from other digital media showing the sales of your records);
- Motion picture or television rating (g. if you directed a show that won the best show of 2020 award)
- Chart ratings;
- Or other evidence of occupational achievements reported in trade journals, major newspapers, or other publications (in this case you should include circulation figures).
Another example of evidence, if you are for example a social media influencer would be your following on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.
Please click here to find out what is the O-1B application process.
Please click here to find out how to meet the national/international O-1B criterion.
Please click here to find out what is distinction for the purposes of O-1B visa.
FREE EB-1 / O-1 Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Guide, sign up for our free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Webinar, or watch our EB-1 / O-1 Visa videos.
Set up an EB-1 / O-1 Visa Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one EB-1 / O-1 Visa consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.