What are the requirements?
- You cannot receive any salary/remuneration from a U.S. company (other than reimbursement for expenses incidental to the stay in the U.S.)
- If the U.S. company has an office abroad, you can receive salary/remuneration from that foreign entity
- You must be employed by the foreign office, not by the US office
- You have to submit an approved Labor Condition Application
- You still have to show that the position in the U.S. is a specialty occupation
Please note that you can only stay in the US on this type of visa for up to 6 months (note that an H-1B visa is usually granted for 3 years and can be extended, so the B visa option is only for a short period of time).
FREE H-1B / E-3 Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free H-1B / E-3 Visa Guide, sign up for our free H-1B / E-3 Visa Webinar, or watch our H-1B / E-3 Visa videos.
Set up an H-1B / E-3 Visa Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one H-1B / E-3 Visa consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.