Skip to main content

Do I have to change my address if I move within the U.S.? What is Form AR-11?

By November 16, 2020April 30th, 2021Immigration

What is form AR-11?

This is a form you have to file if you move within the U.S. and you are in the U.S. as a green card holder or on a non-immigrant visa status. You can find this form on theUSCIS website.

When exactly do I have to file form AR-11?

You have to file form AR-11 to USCIS within 10 days of changing address.

Can I update my address online?

Yes, you can either update your address online or you can mail in the physical copy of From AR-11 to USCIS, whichever option you prefer.

Is it sufficient if I update my address with USPS?

No, this is not sufficient. You have to update your address directly with USCIS.

Why do I have to update my address?

The main reason is so that USCIS is informed and knows where to send you correspondence/documents related to your pending cases. However, even if you don’t currently have any pending cases with USCIS, you still have to update your address.

What if I forget to change my address?

USCIS takes this very seriously. If you do not report the address change within 10 days of moving you shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined not to exceed $200 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.

That’s why it’s extremely important that you update your address every time you move within the U.S.

You can find the AR-11 form when you click here.

Please find out more about the E-2 visa when you click here.

Please find out more about the E-1 visa when you click here .

FREE Visa Resources

Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free Visa Guide (E-1, E-2, TN, EB-5, H-1B, L-1, PERM, NIW, EB-1, O-1, E-3), sign up for our free Webinar, join our Facebook Group, or watch our videos.

Download FREE Visa Guide
Sign Up For Our Webinar
Join Our Facebook Group
Watch Our Videos

Set up a Visa or Green Card Consultation

For a dedicated one-on-one consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.

Schedule a consultation

This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.

Leave a Reply