E-1 visa is a great visa for treaty traders who engage in international trade between the U.S. and their home treaty country.

Our clients often ask us whether they need to get an office space in the U.S. for an E-1 visa.

The short answer is no. You do not have to prove that you have an office space when you are applying for an E-1 visa (but you would have to have an office space if you were applying for an E-2 visa). That being said, in many situations it is practicable to get an office space or warehouse space (in case you are importing goods from a treaty country to the U.S.) and it may look better on the application if you have a real office space.

Please see our blog post on whether an E-1 visa is better than an E-2 visa when you click here.

Please also see our blog post on whether you have to have a business entity for an E-1 visa when you click here.

You can set up a consultation by clicking the link below.


To find out more about our services and fees contact Scott Legal, P.C

This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising.  Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed.  Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results.  Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.