Many people get Green Cards through family members. You may be eligible to get a Green Card as:

  1. An immediate relative of a U.S. Citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizens where the child is 21 years old or older;
  2.  A family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brother sand sisters of U.S. citizens where the petitioner is 21 or older;
  3. A family member of a green card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder.

Scott Legal, P.C., can guide you through the following family based immigration processes:

  • Green Card (Permanent Resident) Applications for family members both in, and outside the U.S.
  • Visa Petitions for Family Members
  • Fiancé Green Card Petitions
  • Processing for Nonimmigrant Visas
  • Employment Authorization
  • Citizenship Applications
  • Deportation Proceedings


  1. raissa borba melo September 1, 2015 4:55 am

    Im U.S. Citizen by born in u.s., i’m 23 yeard old, and i’d like to know how much it will cost to aply for my father (he is brazilian) and for my sister from father with other mother… and how log it takes the whole process…
    thanks in advance

    kind regards

  2. Washington Werner December 7, 2015 8:27 pm

    Dear Doc. Scott,

    My wife’s brother is an American Citizen and submitting the application in average how long it will take to be approved? In this situation is there any short cut? Even paying extra goverment taxes ?


    • IanScott December 7, 2015 8:36 pm


      It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year and there is no shortcut or ability to premium process. Please contact us if you would like assistance with the process.

      Kind regards,


Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *