To qualify for the EB-1A Green Card, you will need to prove that you are one of the small percentage of people who have risen to the very top of your field and submit evidence to the government showing that you have sustained national or international acclaim and that your achievements have been recognized in your field of expertise. The evidence can be either:
- A one-time achievement – this is a major, internationally recognized award, or
- At least three of these 10 criteria. One of the 10 criteria is evidence of “original scientific, artistic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field.”
What kind of evidence should I submit to meet this criterion?
- Expert Letters discussing your contributions of major significance to the field. Please note that the Expert letters have to explain in detail how the work was “original” and why it was of a “major significance” to the field. The Expert Letters should also describe the impact of your contribution on subsequent work of others. General statements of experts regarding the importance of your work are not sufficient;
- Objective evidence showing the significance of your contribution to the field (g. media articles discussing your original contribution);
- Evidence showing that people throughout the field consider your work important;
- Evidence showing the significance of your contribution to the field (g. ground-breaking cancer research that contributed to the whole field and resulted in new protocols);
- Evidence that your contributions provoked widespread public commentary in the field or have been widely cited;
- Evidence of your work being implemented by others (g. hospitals all over the country implemented the new testing method from your cancer research)
Please note that one original contribution could be sufficient to meet this requirement even though the regulatory definition lists contributions as a plural. The evidence you submit should demonstrate that you are one of the small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field.
FREE EB-1 / O-1 Visa Resources
Click on the buttons below in order to claim your free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Guide, sign up for our free EB-1 / O-1 Visa Webinar, or watch our EB-1 / O-1 Visa videos.
Set up an EB-1 / O-1 Visa Consultation
For a dedicated one-on-one EB-1 / O-1 Visa consultation with one of our lawyers, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.