We are looking for a senior immigration attorney with 4 or more years of business immigration experience.
Scott Legal, P.C. focuses on business immigration cases for employers, investors and entrepreneurs, (E-2, EB-5, H-1B, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, O visas, NIW, PERM and L visas), and we handle other immigration cases such as family-based petitions. We have recently expanded our immigration services to include removal defense and waivers also.
When dealing with immigration cases, you will determine the best immigration strategy for the client, perform legal research on issues, advise the client, draft legal documents, complete the relevant immigration forms and compile supporting documentation. In addition to the immigration services, the firm offers entrepreneurial support to the new business owners so you will also draft business contracts, assist clients with raising capital (offering documents), draft business plans, set up corporations and draft shareholder and other corporate agreements.
Your duties will also include maintaining frequent communication with clients, automating office processes, supervising interns, other lawyers and paralegals as needed, helping implement office-wide quality control procedures, writing articles for blog, attending networking events and other tasks as required. Strong time management and organizational skills are essential to effectively handle the high-volume of cases that will be assigned. You will also focus on attracting clients to the firm by attending networking events, reaching out to local communities and forging relationships with other lawyers and groups.
We are looking for an immigration attorney who pays attention to detail, writes well, has a positive attitude and work ethic, and loves immigration and business law. The associate will also have a significant amount of client interaction. You must have a demonstrated interest in immigration law. You must be able to handle a large number of cases at one time and have excellent organizational skills.
Our firm has a very high standard for our work product and client communication and we are looking for similar minded people. A typical work-week will be around 45 hours, but the focus of your evaluation will be on your productivity and output, the quality of the output, client generation and your attitude. Also, we are looking for someone who is flexible and can cater to our unpredictable client needs. The job is focused on client needs so at times the associate will be required to check email and perform work functions on some weekends or stay late when needed during the week. Associates are expected to check emails periodically while out of the office and respond where appropriate. That being said, we believe strongly in a work life balance so overtime is the exception rather than the rule.
Salary,Vacation & Benefits:
- Salary Commensurate with relevant experience and client generation
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Contribution towards health care and 401K plan
- Incentive plan for bringing in clients (20% of billing)
What to Submit*
- Writing sample and cover letter optional
* ALL information that you send to us will be verified and validated and we will extensively check references including a verification of who we are speaking to.
- J.D. degree (or equivalent) and license to practice law in any State
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus but not required.
- 4 years or more of immigration experience. (This is a minimum requirement) This means that you have filed numerous petitions independently and are very familiar with immigration filings and USCIS. We are happy to hire an attorney that has removal and/or humanitarian relief experience as long as the attorney also has business immigration experience.
- Background with automation using information technology and willingness to embrace technology to automate processes is strongly preferred.
- An attorney bringing a book of business is also a plus and client generation will impact compensation. Either from the beginning or over time there is an expectation that the attorney demonstrates the ability to attract clients and network within various local communities.
Job Type: Full-time