Immigration has announced plans to begin issuing green cards (“Permanent Resident Card”) and work permits (“Employment Authorization Document”) that have a new design starting on May 1st, although you may still receive the older version of the green card and/or work permit after that date.

If you are already in possession of an unexpired green card or work permit, you do not need to apply for a new card. Your current card is valid until it expires. Please do not apply for a replacement green card or replacement work permit because it is not necessary.

To find out more about the new rules or other investor visas, contact Scott Legal, P.C.


Ian E. Scott, Esq. is the Founder of Scott Legal, P.C. He can be reached at 212-223-2964 or by email at

This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising.  Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed.  Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results.  Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.