Can I buy a house and get an E-2 visa?

An E-2 visa is a visa available in the United States for people who want to start or buy a business.  Unfortunately, the purchase of a house does not constitute business activity and would not qualify for an E-2 visa. There are some types of real estate investments that may work for an E-2 visa, but the business would have to show that U.S. workers would be hired. You can find out more about real estate investments for E-2 visas by clicking here. You can find out more about the E-2 visa requirements here. If you buy a house and use a part of our house for your business, it is possible that a portion of the purchase price could be used for the E-2 visa. In this case, you would have to show that a portion of the house was exclusively dedicated to the business.    You can also find out more about home offices for E-2 visas here.

Get Free Guide or Sign Up for A Webinars Below

You can set up a consultation by clicking the link below.

This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising.  Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed.  Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results.  Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.


Leave a Reply

We are happy to offer our E-2 visa guide that describes the E-2 visa requirements, and other advise to assist with your E-2 visa application.
For more info visit our E-2 visa service Page or schedule a consultation so we can handle your E-2 visa process.  You can also sign up for a Free E-2 Visa Webinar here.