We Are Here To Help with Your Business Owner Needs!
Business Owners & Start-Ups
Scott Legal, P.C. provides counsel to business owners and founders of new enterprises at various ranges of development and we can offer you a full range of startup legal services, including investor agreements, business plans, consultant and independent contractor agreements, financing (preferred stock, convertible debt or common stock) and venture capital financing.
Some of our services include:
- Drafting of Financing Documents for raising capital (Friends & Family, Seed Capital, Series A, Round 1 & Venture Capital)
- Filing appropriate exemptions with the SEC
- Negotiation of financing documents with Investors
- Business Entity Selection and Formation (Corporation, LLC, S-Corp, Sole Proprietorship & Partnerships)
- LLC & Shareholder’s Agreements
- Partnership Agreement Development and/or Review
- Consulting & Independent Contractor Agreements
- Business Plan Development
- Nondisclosure Agreements
- Strategy Consultation
Leave this work to us so that you can focus on your business.
Entrepreneur & Investor Support
As a business owner, you are regularly faced with decisions regarding business entity set up, contract negotiations and business planning. Scott Legal, P.C. was founded by a corporate lawyer & C.P.A. with Investment banking experience. Turn to us for all of your small business needs as we can lighten your load. We offer a variety of services to help the busy Entrepreneur or Investor and your family.
To this end we offer services in the following areas:
- Negotiation of Offering and Financing documents with issuers
- Family Based Immigration for The Entrepreneur’s family
- Wills & Estate Planning for our Investors & Entrepreneurs
- Contract Negotiation and Review (See Below)
- Business Plan development
- Strategic Review and Assessment
- Internal Control Review and Assessment
- Business litigation – Contract or other disputes where you would like to take action in a court or through arbitration
Have a conversation with our founder, Ian E. Scott who is a corporate lawyer and C.P.A. with over 13 years Investment banking experience or a member of our staff. Our staff has handled corporate and litigation maters and has worked on SEC securities litigation and complex corporate debt and equity financing and bankruptcy matters. We have also served as counsel to several businesses where we developed business plans, discussed strategy and provided other managerial support.
Contract Documents Essential to Business Owners
There was a time when doing business on a handshake made sense. Regrettably though as things became more complicated and everyone has different motivations, contracts became more and more essential. A contract is a document between two or more people that spells out exactly what the understanding is between the parties. They are developed to force parties to consider what it is that they want and also to set the expectations between the parties. Often when there is a dispute one or both parties point to the provisions in the contract to enforce their claims.
Contracts can be written or oral and every day you encounter different forms of contracts. In order to protect your self a well structured contract is essential and Scott Legal, P.C. can draft this for you. We can also review contracts that others have asked you to sign. Remember if someone is asking you to sign something, there is a good chance that they had their lawyers draft it. Why not be on a level playing field and get Scott Legal,P.C. to read the contract and give you some advice.
We can provide contract services in many areas including:
- contracts with vendors, suppliers or distributors
- non-disclosure agreements
- non-compete agreements
- employment agreements
- contracts with contractors or service organizations
- a wide range of other situations where an agreement is needed between parties
Find out about additional services we offer by clicking here.