If you would like to live and work in the U.S. and have some money to invest, an E-2 visa might be exactly what you are looking for. An E-2 visa requires someone to buy or invest in a company and if the company will ultimately hire full-time workers the applicant could be eligible for the visa.
We have produced a video to describe the various E-2 visa requirements and have also summarized them in this article with some links to additional information.
See a full set of the E-2 Visa requirements by clicking here. Click on the below links to view the articles mentioned in the Video
The Six E-2 Visa Requirements
- You must be from an E-2 Visa Treaty Country
- Which countries are eligible for an E-2 visa? Click here
- You must invest a substantial amount in the U.S.
- What are the important factors related to E-2 investment amount? Click here
- How much do I have to invest for an E-2 visa? Click here
- What are some common E-2 visa expenditures? How Can I increase my E-2 visa investment amount? Click here
- You must Hire U.S. Workers and your company must be viable
- Information on E-2 visa Business Plans: Click here
- Information on E-2 visa letters of Intent: Click here
- Your Business must be Real & Operating
- Your business must be up and running or almost up and running. Click here
- You must show that the money came from a legitimate source
- An explanation of the source of funds requirement: Click here
- An explanation of some different source of funds scenarios: Click here
- You must indicate that you intend to return to your home country when the visa terminates
- Information on ties to home country and implications if you have a pending green card petition: Click here
Some Useful E-2 Visa Links:
- See a full set of the E-2 Visa requirements by clicking here.
- See our very popular E-2 visa questions and answers: Click here
- Find out more about our E-2 Visa Services and Fees: Click Here
- See our Brochure that summarizes our services and fees: Click here
- See other E-2 Visa Videos: Click here
To find out more about our immigration and business services, contact Scott Legal, P.C.
Contact us at 212-223-2964 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website and blog constitutes attorney advertising. Do not consider anything in this website or blog legal advice and nothing in this website constitutes an attorney-client relationship being formed. Set up a one-hour consultation with us before acting on anything you read here. Past results are no guarantee of future results and prior results do not imply or predict future results. Each case is different and must be judged on its own merits.